Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza

Bradley's most favorite food group is pizza, so expectations were high for tonight's dinner. My expectations on the other hand were fully met. The pizza took about 15 minutes to prepare, cost about $11 total (which was a little steep, but I splurged on the sausage and cheese), and required very little clean up. Plus there's leftovers for lunch tomorrow. My only criticism was that the pizza was a little dry. Two things could have been done differently: 1. use a different crust, 2. use a little more olive oil to coat the crust. 
I would like to note that I bought a bag of spinach 3 nights ago and have used it in the last three recipes. Great use of money and ingredients. I've noticed that we have been wasting very little food since we started using this cookbook. 

Anyway, on to the pizza. The recipe says you can pick whatever gourmet sausage you want so I picked up some garlic, spinach and fontina cheese sausage at Trader Joe's this weekend. $3.99 and worth every penny.

I used already prepared thin crust from Kroger, it came in a package of two, so I figured I'd fix 'em both up. 

 So pretty. 

They went in the oven for 8 minutes, 

and viola!


Soux chef gives this one:

One thumb up. We'll eat it again!

It was very filling. I ate half of one of them and I'm stuffed. 

That's it for a while. You all know what we're having Thursday night for dinner. I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving. Then we're off to Boston until Monday. Check back next week. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! If we both make something, like if I make this, can I still blog about it? You must try the beef lettuce wraps, AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! I am following your blog now!
    Love,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete