Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simple Salmon with Spinach Feta Stuffing and Frozen Banana and Cookie Dessert

Simple Salmon was ahhhmazing!! I don't think you could get anything better at a restaurant. The most unbelievable part was how easy it was and with so few ingredients. I've been wanting to try this recipe since I bought the cookbook. There is a picture of the recipe in the cookbook that looks unbelievable. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as Holly's but it was still delish. I am curious how many times the dish had to be cooked to get such a wonderful picture. I cheated a bit on the recipe. I used two frozen salmon filets, placed one on the baking dish, layered the stuffing on top, then laid another filet on top of the stuffing. The filets that I used were a bit thin to begin with so I don' think it would have worked if I had tried to create the recipe the way the book recommends. Tonight's dish cost $3.80 a serving (not including the leftovers from last night). Dessert cost about $1.00 a serving. I already had the Bailey's in the fridge so I didn't include that. 

I served it with lemon pasta leftovers from last night: 

It looks like a salmon sandwich. and the pasta was just as good the second day!

Soux chef said he would have given this one three thumbs up, but since that's impossible...
Soux chef says:


Clean up was a jiff, I used a cutting board and a casserole dish. That's it! It only took about 10 minutes to prepare, then 25 minutes to cook. I can't believe how easy this recipe was!

For dessert: Frozen Banana and Cookie Dessert

I loved it. It was light and not too sweet. Not to mention a little taste of Bailey's before bedtime, Perfection!



I made these earlier today to save some time tonight. They took about 10 minutes total to make and they saved perfectly in the refrigerator. 

Soux chef says:


One thumb up. A nice change from the usual ice-cream. 

Tomorrow night: Pizza!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, lovely! I plan on making some of the desserts for Christmas presents to the neighbors, mailman, etc.

    ReplyDelete