Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake

This recipe is where the money's at!
I used some blueberry's that I had in the freezer that we picked at the Richmond's house last summer. Just like the title says, there's white chocolate morsels throughout the cake. As far as cakes go, this one's pretty easy. I've always wondered why you have to mix the dry ingredients before adding them to the rest of the ingredients. They're all going to be mixed together in the end, so what difference does it make?

The recipe says you can add pecans if desired, but I didn't have any so I left them out. It's really the almond glaze that makes the cake. I wasn't sure about spending $3.00 on the tiny bottle of almond extract, but it was worth it. I want to put it in everything!


I had to cook the cake for about 60 min. It seems that my oven always takes much longer than what the recipe says.  Bundt cakes are weird. You can't make the bottom, which is really the top, flat because it cooks upside down and the bottom rises. 

Side view:


Sous chef gives this one 2 thumbs up and said it's the best recipe for blueberry cake he's ever tasted (and with his parents growing blueberries, he's tasted plenty). 

1 comment: