Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread

I've been trying to make a quick loaf of bread each week. It's easy to cut a slice for breakfast before work. 
I made the blueberry bread with some frozen blueberries that we picked fresh at the Richmond's house last summer. This recipe was delicious. Very tart with the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract, but I loved it. It even has a nice glaze that you pour over the top when it comes out the oven. 
My only comment is that I tried to use Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese and it wouldn't completely dissolve. If I were to make it again, which I'm sure I will, I'll use cream cheese. 


Sous chef gives this loaf 1 thumb up. Apparently he's not a big lemon person. That's the first I'm hearing of this. I give it two thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment