Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Great Greek Meatballs with Orzo

A nice change from spaghetti and meatballs. 
I've said this before, but the last time I cooked with orzo pasta it congealed into one large lump of pasta, so I was extra careful while cooking it this time and it came out perfect!

This recipe gives you a little freedom to choose your marinara sauce. I used a jar of home canned tomatoes from the Richmond's garden in Clarksville. Guaranteed fresh and no preservatives. 

Since I used this, I had to turn it into a marinara with some onions and italian seasoning. 
The recipe was fairly easy. I've always hated forming all of those little meatballs. My hands turn to ice from the freezing meat, and you can't stir it up with a spoon, that never works, you have to use your cold hands to mush it all together. This recipe is pretty much spaghetti and meatballs, but uses orzo and feta cheese. 


It was quite tasty. It is supposed to make 6 servings, but Bradley had seconds each time he ate it so it only yielded 4 servings for us. It was very good. 
Sous Chef gives it: 
1 thumb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment