Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

All I can say is I wish you could upload smells to this blog. This bread smelled so amazing you could even smell it outside.
Do any of you ever sneak in a little extra of your favorite ingredient? Anytime a recipe calls for chocolate chips I sneak in a bit extra. It's just too tempting. 
I was a little nervous that the bread would rise too much in the oven and start spilling over the top of the loaf dish. I was cutting it a little too close for comfort. That has happened to me before with angel food cake, which I will never make again, the $2 it cost at the store is very much worth it.

Here we are going into the oven...


Here we are coming out of the oven (yes, I know, I'm going to clean it today).
I used the spicy advice and substituted a little whole wheat flour, you can't even tell.

The bananas I used were pretty ripe, but not brown:

It looks burnt at the bottom, I had to cook for 80 minutes to get the center to cook. It doesn't taste burnt, I think that's just melted chocolate chips that give it the dark tint. 

There it is! The most perfect banana bread ever!
We had some for dessert last night with 2 scoops of ice cream, and again for breakfast this morning, minus the ice cream. It was delicious both ways. 
Sous chef says this is the best banana bread he has ever had. He's had a lot of banana bread too, it's one of his favorites. I guess that means he gives it two thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment