Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

German Chocolate Cookies

These cookies are delicious! I had all of the ingredients in the pantry except dark chocolate morsels, and I bought some fresh brown sugar (which I also bought an air tight container for and am waiting for a clay disc to come in the mail). I just used a little electric hand mixer to mix up all of the ingredients and then folded in the rest by hand. The recipe made about 30 cookies and they lasted us 3 days. Oops!
84 calories and 4 grams of fat per cookie, that's actually about the same as an oreo, but these have good fat (and lots of vitamins and antioxidants) from coconut and pecans. I found an article that discussed coconut's viral protection, including protection from the flu virus and common cold. I might start eating it in mass quantities over the next few months. How's that for rationalizing the quick disappearance of these cookies?


It was hard to get a good picture. Just a piece of advice, you don't want these to come out soft and gooey like you do chocolate chip cookies. The ones that I left in a little longer were actually better. 


Soux chef says:

No comments:

Post a Comment