Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweet Potato Cornmeal Biscuits

We had these yummy sweet potato and cornmeal biscuits for breakfast this morning. They were a little more difficult to make than I had anticipated. I had all of the ingredients in the pantry, including some Louisiana sweet potatoes. 
I even had a pastry blender. I didn't even know what this was, I had to google it. I use it to make chicken and egg salad. Who knew it was a "pastry blender."
So I mixed everything with my "pastry blender" then rolled it out on the counter.

Messy Bessy

It is near impossible to get this thing rolled into a square, which made for some funny looking corner biscuits. 
They tasted great, especially with some grape jelly or honey on top.

Sous chef gives these 1 thumb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment