Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Marinated Asparagus

To quote Holly Clegg, "give simple asparagus some spunk!" 
That's exactly what I did using this simple marinade. 
I love asparagus and don't really think they need much help to be delicious, so I was skeptical about this recipe. It was pretty yummy though. 
I feel like I need to explain the perfect grill marks on my asparagus. I used frozen grilled asparagus from Trader Joe's because that was what I had in the freezer. It's only $3.
I don't think there's a Trader Joe's in Louisiana, but for those of you who do have one, these asparagus are delicious, and all you have to do is thaw them in the microwave for 2 minutes. 


 Lay the asparagus in a dish, then mix them with the marinade below. 


The marinade is a garlicy, tangy, citrusy marinade and was very light. I added the rice so it would soak up the extra marinade. 


Served it with some previously frozen and marinated baked chicken (also from trader Joe's), and we had a well balanced, low fat meal. 

Sous chef gives this recipe 1 thumb up!

So easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment