Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Oriental Pasta Salad

This pasta salad sounded delicious and I was super excited about making it. 
It has an asian twist and is packed with fruits and vegetables. 

I love managers special's at Kroger. They mark stuff way down when it's about to reach it's expiration date.

Just a side note, the package of the shredded cabbage said 16oz, which is two cups, but if you put it into a measuring cup its actually about 4 cups. I went ahead and put the whole package into the recipe because I didn't know what else I would do with it, but I was stumped. Plus the pasta only came in a 12 ounce package and I wanted to use all of it. 

This salad has a delicious and creative crispy topping which didn't quite work out like I had planned:
Some of it was salvageable. Be careful as it cooks fast. 

Look how much it made. We'll be eating this all week, which is fine by me. 

This is the dish with the topping and the special Asian Sauce. 

Sous chef gives this recipe 2 thumbs up. It was delicious and a great way to get a serving of vegetables.
I love the vegetarian dishes because they're so cheap. This recipe cost $5.91 total (the edamame was the majority of the cost), and it makes 8 servings totaling $0.73 a serving!


No comments:

Post a Comment