Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Stuffed Crab Poblano Peppers

I have been really excited to make this recipe! I always get stuffed poblano peppers when we eat out at Mexican restaurants, but those are deep fried, so I've never tried to make them at home before. 
This recipe used baked poblano peppers to cut calories. 
It's very unique. 

Start with your poblano's. I bought one extra because I always seem to end up with extra stuffing. 


Cut 'em in half and put in the stuffing which is a cream cheese/crab mixture:



Then wrap them in turkey bacon:

I actually liked the turkey bacon on this recipe. I said previously that I don't really like it. 


Delicious!

These were pretty easy to make. I made them Friday when I had the day off, so I was able to make them in the morning and store them in the fridge. 
They were quite expensive to make. I bought the crabmeat at costco for a whopping $12. It was really good crabmeat. The Poblano's were $3. $1.25 for the cream cheese. I already had the turkey bacon and the rest of the ingredients in the fridge. I would guess they cost about $20 total, it made 5 servings, making them $4 a serving. 
Bradley brought some to work Saturday night for dinner and he said all of the nurses were staring at them in Awe. He called me at 11pm to ask for the blog address so he could show them all of the other wonderful recipes we've made. 

Sous chef gives this one 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment