Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Potato Soup

This recipe was unbelievably easy!
I hate chopping potatoes. It's genius to start with a bag of hash-browns! If you really want to make this easy, get a bag of frozen chopped onions, then all chopping would be completely eliminated. Throw all of your ingredients in one big pot and let it simmer. So easy!
I doubled the recipe and used the entire bag of hash-browns. This made 6 servings, which we've been enjoying all week. 
Next time I make this recipe I think I'll pre-cook the hash-browns in some boiling water for a few minutes to get some of the starch out. I thought the soup had a similar consistency to grits. You can add extra milk to make a thinner soup, but it still seemed a little starchy.

This dinner contains 215 calories and 0 fat. There's 46grams of carbs thought, not good for you atkins dieters. 

Soux Chef says:


Look at that face! Soux chef's mom has a recipe that he will remain faithful to (it has a brick of cream cheese in it, who wouldn't like that). He doesn't have to cook either recipe and he's not worried about saving calories and fat. I give it one thumb up. I love how easy it was to make and that it has no fat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment